MSHC ongoing Covid Pandemic update 21/5/20
We are aiming to re-open all of our sites in the next couple weeks, in order to do this safely:
- We will continue to telephone triage ALL appointments, and will manage most problems by telephone/video consultations, but where a patient needs to be seen face to face they will be given an appointment time at any of our three sites.
- We will continue to triage patients as Hot (Suspected or known Covid, or isolating due to a household contact having Covid symptoms) or Cold (low risk Covid) and give them an appointment in the appropriate zone.
- Hurstpierpoint and Ditchling will be entirely Cold sites.
- Hassocks Health Centre will be Cold apart from one room which is being adapted as the Hot zone. This has a separate entrance, so the Hassocks site can function as normal whilst maintaining a Hot Zone separate from the rest of the practice.
- All of our practices will continue to keep the doors closed, we ask that patients don’t come to any of our sites without an appointment.
- We won’t be booking appointments/taking prescription requests/dealing with queries at the Reception desks- we ask that patients ring the phone room to do this.
To keep patients and staff safe
- We are minimizing footfall within our practices
- Maintaining a 2 meter distance where possible
- PPE for all staff that need it
- Clear signage for patients
- Spacing of appointments to reduce numbers of patients in the waiting room
- Removal of some chairs to maintain 2m distance in waiting rooms
- Increased cleaning
- Removal of all toys/books/magazines from waiting areas
Covid 19 testing
- Is now available to all patients over the age of 5, who have symptoms suggestive of Covid (temperature over 37.8, persistent new cough, loss of taste or smell)
- We are unable to test for Covid 19 at the surgery, all tests are organised through https://www.gov.uk/apply-coronavirus-test-essential-workers
- Should have all received a letter by now from the NHS explaining that they have been added to this list based on their medical problems and the steps they need to take
- If you are in this group and have any concerns or need support please contact the practice, we can find ways of managing your conditions minimizing the need for face to face contact and thereby reducing your risk. We can also offer support and signpost you to other services and voluntary organizations
- Further information can be found here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19
Chronic disease reviews
are being done remotely unless there is a clinical need for a face to face review, patients who are due a chronic disease review will be contacted by the practice.
we are currently loaning our oxygen saturation monitors and blood pressure monitors, these are allocated based on clinical need, but if any patient thinks they need one please contact us to discuss further. Online bookings
We are still unable to open up online booking, this is since we are needing to triage all patients and cannot risk patients coming to the health centre with any Covid symptoms.
Concerned about domestic abuse?
For some people home may not feel like the safest place to be right now but are faced with no option. Please see the links below for help, information and advice. Please also know that you can ring the surgery or police for further assistance if needed.