Ear syringing - Due to the ongoing Covid 19 pandemic we are currently unable to provide ear syringing. You can find out further information about how to self manage ear wax here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/earwax-build-up/
MSHC Covid -19 antibody testing and update 10/6/20
- We currently DO NOT HAVE ACCESS to antibody testing in this area
- further information can be found here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-antibody-tests/coronavirus-covid-19-antibody-tests
All of our practices are now open for patients with appointments but we will continue to keep the doors closed, we ask that patients don’t come to any of our sites without an appointment and all patients attending our practice wear face covering/masks with effect from Monday 15 June 2020.
- face coverings do not replace social distancing. If you have symptoms of COVID-19 (cough, and/or high temperature, and/or loss of, or change in, your normal sense of smell or taste - anosmia), you and your household must isolate at home: wearing a face covering does not change this
- We will continue to telephone triage ALL appointments, and will manage most problems by telephone/video consultations, but where a patient needs to be seen face to face they will be given an appointment time at any of our three sites.
- We will continue to triage patients as Hot (Suspected or known Covid, or isolating due to a household contact having Covid symptoms) or Cold (low risk Covid) and give them an appointment in the appropriate zone.
- Hurstpierpoint and Ditchling are entirely Cold sites.
- Hassocks Health Centre is a Cold site apart from one room which is being adapted as the Hot zone. This has a separate entrance, so the Hassocks site can function as normal whilst maintaining a Hot Zone separate from the rest of the practice.
- We won’t be booking appointments/dealing with queries at the Reception desks- we ask that patients ring the phone room to do this.
- Please go online to request your prescription or drop it in our letterbox at any of our practices. Please note we will only be accepting telephone prescription requests for patients recognised as being in the high risk shielding group.
- If you are in this group and have any concerns or need support please contact the practice, we can find ways of managing your conditions minimizing the need for face to face contact and thereby reducing your risk. We can also offer support and signpost you to other services and voluntary organizations
- Further information can be found here https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19/guidance-on-shielding-and-protecting-extremely-vulnerable-persons-from-covid-19
Chronic disease reviews are being done remotely unless there is a clinical need for a face to face review, patients who are due a chronic disease review will be contacted by the practice.
Equipment loans we are currently loaning our oxygen saturation monitors and blood pressure monitors, these are allocated based on clinical need, but if any patient thinks they need one please contact us to discuss further. Online bookings
We are still unable to open up online booking, this is since we are needing to triage all patients and cannot risk patients coming to the health centre with any Covid symptoms.
Concerned about domestic abuse?
For some people home may not feel like the safest place to be right now but are faced with no option. Please see the links below for help, information and advice. Please also know that you can ring the surgery or police for further assistance if needed.