Patient Participation Group
Welcome to the Mid Sussex Healthcare
Patient Participant Group
All Mid Sussex Health Care patients are automatically members of this Group and their feedback, views and suggestions are always welcome.
A small committee enables the PPG to function. All members of the PPG committee are volunteers, with a wide range of experience within and beyond the NHS.
Our primary aim is to enhance communication between patients and the practice so that healthcare services can be adapted to best meet the needs of the patients.
Please note that the PPG does not discuss medical issues and does not have access to patients’ medical records.
If you would like to be kept informed of our activities and to receive useful updates about health care services, or want to receive an acknowledgement of feedback, please provide us with your contact details.
Please see our contact details below, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Louise Evatt, Chair
Mid Sussex Health Care PPG
The Elected PPG Officers and Committee at October 2020
Louise Evatt (Chair), Michael Bailey (Treasurer), Janet Abrahams (Secretary), David Cumberland (Newsletter Editor), David Bryning, Christine King, Mercedes Madden.
ex officio: Denise Simpson-Banks (The Practice Manager), Dr M Winn, Dr J Thomson
The Aims of the Patient Participation Group
- Your PPG aims to provide better sharing of information between practice staff and patients.
- Your PPG aims to give practical support to the surgery.
- Your PPG works to encourage patients with positive ideas to join and contribute to developing the work of MSHC PPG.
- Your PPG aims to help encourage two-way feedback between patients and staff to enable the maintenance of good standards of service provided by the surgery
- Your PPG aims to work constructively and in a practical way to help identify solutions and to work in partnership with the surgery, as well as with other relevant external organisations.
- Your PPG is not intended to be a channel for responding to specific personal medical issues/complaints as these should be channelled via the practices formal complaints procedures.
If you would like to know more about the PPG, we should be pleased to contact you if you let us have your email address and/or telephone number. (See PPG contact details below).
The Mid Sussex Health Care PPG operates in accordance with its membership of the National Association of Patient Participants (NAPP), and in liaison with the West Sussex NHS Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG).