Do you need vaccinations?
Our Nurses can provide comprehensive travel health advice and arrange for appropriate immunisations. Please arrange an appointment for a travel consultation at least 6-8 weeks before departure if possible. Vaccines need time to take effect and some may require a course over several weeks.
Both Hurstpierpoint and Hassocks Health Centres are authorised Yellow Fever Vaccination Centres.
Select the region you are travelling to find out more.
We offer a full travel advice and immunisation service. If you are travelling abroad please complete and submit the travel form in plenty of time (we recommend 6-8 weeks) before your journey.
Some Travel Advice
- Take a small first aid kit.
- Personal hygiene is essential.
- Beware bites from insects and animals. Many diseases are insect-borne and rabies is widespread in animals abroad.
- Be careful with raw vegetables, salads, fruits, shellfish and ice-cubes.
- Respect the power of the sun. Use sun creams regularly.
- Sexually transmitted diseases (including AIDS) are a major health threat throughout the world. Condoms offer some protection.
- If you need to take anti-malaria tablets remember you need to start one week before departure and continue for four weeks after you return.
- If you take regular medications, don't forget to take enough supply!
- Remember to arrange adequate medical travel insurance.